Terms and Conditions
Phantom Rent A Car and Phantom Rent A Car – Dubai Branch are officially owned and operated by Phantom Rent A Car LLC.
1- Online Payment Policy:
Any person paying online should use their own personal credit or debit cards. If not, then the service may not be awarded.
2- Invoicing and Payment Terms:
- You will only pay when you pick up your car. However, in the event that you are specific about the car you require please let your sales agent know. In these cases, we will charge the security deposit in advance in order to ensure a commitment to the booking and the car
- Our invoice will be issued on the day you pick up your car, in advance of the term of the rental (i.e. a prepayment) and must be settled in full immediately
- We will charge a deposit of AED 5,000, which will be refundable upon return of the car (“vehicle check-in”). This amount will be refunded after 30working days from the date of return to take care of any traffic fines, Salik (toll charges), damages etc. This will be a charged amount.
- For Monthly and Lease agreements, our monthly invoice will be issued in advance of the term of the rental and must be settled in full immediately
- Payment can be made by credit card with an authorization to debit future rentals, traffic fines etc. Payment can also be made by cheque, bank transfer, corporate credit card or any other method mutually agreed between you and Company, in writing.
- All customers are required to maintain a valid credit card on file at all times, failure of which may result in the termination of the contract
- All rental periods are calculated on a 24-hour basis. For example, a one- day rental starting at 9am must be returned by 9am the following day. Any delay – for example, if the car is returned at 5pm the following day – will result in an extra day being charged
- Vehicles rented on a Weekly contract which are returned during the first week of the rental will be charged based on the Daily rate. Similarly, vehicles rented on a Monthly basis which are returned during the first month of the rental will be charged based on the Weekly rate
- Note that VAT will be added to your invoice for all rental and service fees as of January 1, 2018, as per instructions from the UAE government. All additional government levies and charges will be applied as required by the applicable law. Prices on our website are inclusive of VAT.
One of the bases of our company’s existence is to provide our customers with a hassle free and smooth booking process that is entirely digitalized. Our platform stores information of individuals booking through us where we collect information’s like name, email address, mobile number to confirm that they receive the right product they order. Furthermore, for car rental bookings we also ask our customers to provide us with their documents to for registration of the car rental process with RTA and providers portal. Our platform does accept online payment through credit/debit cards which why is it should be clear that Superior Car Rental does not store any of its costumer’s payment data rather a full payment is taken by the payment gateway company and the corresponding bank.
4 - Cancellation:
- Your online booking cannot be canceled, once the rent payment is processed.
5- Drivers and Licensing Requirements:
- All drivers must be over 21 years old and 23 years old for sport cars.
- Drivers must provide a valid international or national (local) license, some local licenses arenot accepted, our sales team will check your license’s validity before renting you the car.
- Drivers must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs while operating the vehicle. All insurance claims resulting from driving under the influence will be denied and you will be responsible for all resulting damage repairs.
- It is primarily your responsibility to ensure that you are eligible to drive a rented car in compliance with the laws of the UAE
- Delivery outside the company’s branches is subject to fees (depending on location).
- Driver must show original valid documents while receiving the car.
- Driver can take a video or photo of the current condition of the car, before signing the contract.
- Smoking in our vehicles is strictly prohibited as it damages our vehicles and is a safety hazard while driving. Smoking in our vehicles may result in a charge of up to AED 500.
- Driver must return the car in the same condition he received it, if the car is dirty or has any food leftovers or stains, this will result in a charge.
- Off-roading, rallying, racing or ‘drifting’ in our vehicles is strictly prohibited. going to deserts, and tracks is not allowed.
- Customer is not allowed to drive over 160km/h, if the driver goes over this speed limit he will be warned on the 1st attempt, and charged 2000 AED on the 2nd attempt, and on the 3rd attempt we will shut down the car, and the remaining rental period will not be refunded.
- Pets may be allowed in our vehicles; however, cleaning and damage penalties will be charged, without exceptions.
8- Mileage Usage:
- Our offer is based on a maximum use based on the number of kilometers stated in your contract, typically 250KM per day, 1500KM per week or 4000KM per month. usage will be charged at the rate of AED (5-10 AED) per KM, depending on the car.
9- Salik (Toll Charge) and Traffic Fines:
- The Salik (toll) charged will be the toll amount (typically AED 4), plus an AED 1 service fee, plus VAT on the service fee component
- Traffic fine charges will be the actual fine, plus an AED 50 service fee, plus VAT on the service fee component. We will inform you as soon as we get a notification from the concerned authorities.
- If the fine caused the car to be impounded, additional fee ranging from 100 – 500 AED will be charged.
- You will be required to pay these amounts immediately upon notification
- All our vehicles are comprehensively insured –driver, passenger and third-party liability is provided. It is your responsibility to ensure that you conduct a thorough inspection of the vehicle prior to check-out and to ensure that all pre-existing damages are recorded on the vehicle check report ("VCR").
- Your liability will be limited to AED 5,000 plus 20% of repair cost plus VAT (or the amount stated in your contract) in case of an accident that is your fault, in which case a red-colored report may be provided by the police. Your liability will also same above (or the amount stated in your contract) if the accident is a "Hit and Run" where the third party is not identified, even if you are given a green-colored report.
- All insurance and damage claims will require a police report in order to be processed
- Damage caused to our vehicle for which a third-party is not identified, for which a police report has not been produced or which results in the insurance claim being denied will be charged in accordance with the Phantom Rent A Car Damage Rate. Repairs done by third-party garages and mechanics and not done by Phantom Rent A car will not be acceptable.
- Note that, as is common in the industry in this region, damage to tires, wheels and rims is not included as part of the insurance coverage and the renter is responsible for the cost of repair or replacement.
11- General Terms:
- As company policy, all terms, conditions and agreements between you, our company and our sales associates are required to be recorded in writing before being enacted
- All rental and lease agreements will be governed by the applicable laws of the United Arab Emirates. All applicable current and future government taxes and levies will be imposed as required the laws of the UAE
- In case of accident (even if the accident wasn’t caused by the customer), the contract will be automatically terminated. No refund or replacement will be made.
- A police report must be provided in case of any accident or scratches (even if the accident wasn’t caused by the customer). This applies to customers who also paid for full insurance. In case of accident (even if the accident wasn’t caused by the customer), the contract will be automatically terminated. No refund or replacement will be made.
- A police report must be provided in case of any accident or scratches (even if the accident wasn’t caused by the customer). This applies to customers who also paid for full insurance.
- In case of any miss use of the car (Drifting, standing on the roof, Burnouts, etc….) the contract will be automatically cancelled.